Our bodies contain toxic waste accumulations, mucus, parasites and worms, excess fat, fluid buildup (cellulite), old and hardened fecal matter buildup, and many more unsightly and odorous things that play a pivotal role in sabotaging our health.
The connection between the mind and body has been known for centuries and has been practiced in many cultures. Fasting has proven to not only detoxify the body, but also help create a mental experience. This mental experience as long given a feeling of spiritual clarity and determination of purpose. Many of the body detox methods work wonders when it comes to stress relief and individuals who use these methods have attested to feeling less stress as a result thereof.
Jerry Hall provides a comprehensive overview of various types of detoxification routines, covering detox diets, herbal detox, skin cleansing, detox baths, juice fasting.
If you love someone who is an alcoholic, or you are struggling with your own alcohol problem, you may be interested in the process of alcohol detoxification. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can range from uncomfortable to life threatening, depending on the severity of the addiction, and detoxification can help with this process.
Summer is finally here and for a lot of us that means heading out to the lake or to the park for a picnic with friends or family.
Unfortunately, if we're not careful when we plan, transport and serve that picnic, our outing might not end up happily.
Here are some tips to remember when planning an outdoor meal:
1. Keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Bacteria multiply quickly at temperatures between 40 and 140 degrees. Foods that have been kept at unsafe temperatures are a prime source of foodborne illnesses.
2. Plan ahead and try to take foods that don't spoil so quickly. At any rate, don't eat anything that's been sitting out for more than an hour, especially if the temperature is over 80.
3. Try to take only the amount of food that will be eaten, so there will be no leftovers.
4. Pack your food with ice or cold packs in an insulated cooler. Place foods that will be eaten last in the bottom. You can make your own blocks of ice by freezing water in milk cartons or other plastic containers.
Place ice blocks or cold packs between containers of food, never just place containers of food on top of ice.
When people hear the term body detox, they may not fully understand what this process consists of. As individuals take in various negative items on a daily basis, it is easy to see how one's body can use a cleansing every once and awhile.
Everyday, people are exposed to various toxins, which harm the body and cause serious diseases. These toxins can be internal toxins that are released in the body as a by-product of normal metabolic activity; or external toxins such as heavy metals (lead, aluminum etc), smoke, drugs (cocaine, steroids etc), food preservatives and additives, alcohol, chemicals, harmful organic compounds etc. Alcohol detoxification is simply eliminating alcohol from the body and providing medical assistance for the symptoms of withdrawal that accompany this process. Medical professionals will generally prescribe a limited course of treatment with one of several drugs developed for this purpose.
It is carried out in various ways depending on where you decide to receive the treatment. Most drug detox clinics provide treatment only for physical withdrawal of drugs and alcohol.
If you are like most of us, you're tired, maybe overweight, caffeine addicted and stressed out. You just don't feel your best. You may even have more serious health problems like irritable bowel system or high blood pressure. Want a natural alternative to more over-the-counter and prescription drugs? Try detoxifying your body.
5. You might want to bring 2 coolers -- 1 for drinks, because it will be opened more often, and 1 for the food, that can be set in the shade and kept closed until needed.
6. If you're planning to cook hamburgers at the picnic site, shape your meat into patties and freeze before putting into the cooler. Take along a meat thermometer to be sure you cook the meat to an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees.
7. An extra zip-top bag full of ice can be placed in the top of the cooler. The extra ice will come in handy for the trip home. If your day is a long one, and the ice melts the cold water can come in handy, also.
8. Carry your cooler inside your car, instead of in your hot trunk and be sure to place it in a shady spot and maybe even cover it with a blanket when you reach your destination. Open it only when necessary.
9. Instead of bringing whole jars of condiments, pack what you will need into smaller plastic containers.
10. Bring lots of clean utensils for serving as well as eating. Pack pre-moistened towelettes and paper towels for easy cleanup.
11. And remember this rule from the U.S. Department of Agriculture regarding leftovers: When in doubt, throw it out!
However, most detox diets just involve cleansing the entire body. Below, there is a sample of a seven day detox diet that you can try.
Using these foot patches is a great way to detox your body via a convenient, easy to use method.
Using a detox diet plan can help maximize your health, reduce your weight, and help you feel more energetic and rested. Try a detox diet for a few days. You'll be surprised how much lighter you'll feel. More on detox diets at http://www.diet-detox.info
The premise behind detox diets is that your body is full of toxins, many of which come from the foods you eat. A basic detox diet will have you fast for a certain period of time, which means you will not eat at all. You will then only eat specific foods that are believed to be toxin free, completely refraining from other foods, such as sugar, red meat, wheat, and eggs. Detox diets are used to refer to diets, herbs, and other methods of removing environmental and dietary toxins from the body for general health.
In addition to counseling and support, there are several drugs that may be prescribed to help avoid a relapse and make recovery easier. Acamprosate helps reduce cravings and another drug, Disulfiram, will make the user sick if they ingest alcohol.